Sunday, April 19, 2009

I spent the day at my niece's celebrating Greek Easter with most of my relatives. She has a great condo in Boston (JP). As I was standing in her kitchen the realization hit me that she has grown up, settled, a big girl now. A little weepy, but I recovered.  She has my old sewing machine and today I gave her a lesson in how to use it. 
I  showed her how to use the machine and hem her drapes that have been drooping on the floor. She, her sister, and I had a nice moment over the sewing machine. When I saw the Ikea fabric  I got all fired up to sew again. I hope to have some new things to show very soon. Oh, btw, the food and family time was fabulous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the fan! I added it to my collection!

bobbi said...

i used to sell and repair singer sewing machines.
i managed a store in Evanston, illinois.
many many many years ago.
p.s. I HATE SEWING!!!!